FIRST is an internationally acclaimed robotics program that inspires a passion for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths in young people. School students across Australia are reaping the benefits of participation in FIRST programs.
Benefits Of ParticipationStudies have shown that students who participate in FIRST Robotics programs have:
- An increased likelihood of undertaking university study
- An increased interest and participation in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) subjects at school and beyondt.
- Better developed problem solving skills.
- Enhanced social skills and self confidence.
- Stronger collaboration and teamwork skills.
- An increased likelihood of pursuing a career in Science and Technology.
FIRST and its corporate sponsors offer unique and attractive scholarship opportunities for students. Worldwide, there are over $20 million worth of scholarships available to FIRST students.